Hi I'm 21 yrs old, a Christian, UGA student, and overall independent kind of woman. I don't have it all together though, I maybe have like, half of it together.
I have a proud tear in my eye. My older bro is like a total nerd, in ever sense of the word, he’s smart and into like ALL the nerdy stuff. Well he posted something on facebook, about how Dragon Con and “please don’t touch” because of sexual harassment issues at those kind of events lately. And to make it go further one of his idiot friends, was like "Those girls dressing that way deserve it, they were the ones dressing provocatively" and he comes back with a post that’s basically "Just because she dresses that way is not reason to harass her, Cosplay is not consent"
And I’m just happy my brother is not one of those guys, and knows that just because a women dresses a certain way isn’t an open invitation to take advantage of her sexually and is willing to stand up for girls are are harassed. When he was younger, he didn’t have as much of backbone, now i’m glad he does.
it bothers me that Kansas and Arkansas are not pronounced the same
I’m from the UK and I have been pronouncing Arkansas as Ar-Kansas my whole life
For all my non-american friends, Arkansas is pronounced ark-an-saw
My brother and I noticed this when we we’re like 10, and now to each other we call it Ar-Kansas. But to the rest of world we have to call it Ark-can-saw.
How my dash usually is
How my dash is in public or when someone is behind me
So Denny’s food may be suspect but at least they’re becoming tumblr famous.
My tuition bill was just updated.
I came out to have a good time and I’m honestly feeling so attacked right now.
My Mom doesn’t think she’s melodramatic but she just called me a brat for keeping a receipt that has a coupon for a Chickfila sandwich if I do a survey.
1. Don’t sublease, take a full lease! It may suck, but hopefully not and it won’t suck as much as trying to find a new place in the spring and not knowing if you want to stay where you that next January or not when everyone is looking for the next year.
2. Put yourself out there. Nobody knows you’re new. Like within two weeks I was asked advice on where to get somewhere I had never been to before, I had to be like "Um, I’m new." Nobody realizes you don’t already have your group of friends, so you got to find them.
3. UGA football is fun and so are all the other sporting events. In addition to the bulldogs winning a lot, you can usually get free home cooked food from alumni tailgating outside or pizza for students inside. this maybe just fun for me but you should try it out, especially it’s a great way to bond with friends in a neutral place.
4. Speaking of the athletes if you talk about them they hear you. For some reason, I thought they were too big or didn’t care if a non student-athlete(or a RAS- Real Ass student/Regular Ass Student depending on who you ask) talked about them on the internet(both good and bad). They do. Really, real advice? Don’t be friends with athletes but root for them at games. Most of the having mentally matured form high school anyways.
5. The University of Georgia is hard academically. I was smart enough, but adjusting to having to study more and write better papers as difficult at first. I usually got A’s on everything so getting my first test that was a 72, was hard, I ended up crying in the bathroom and had a random girl comfort me. I ended up with an A and she ended becoming a friend.
6. With transferring credits ask your adviser. Mine was really great about making sure I had the best GPA to get into Grady and that my core was done.
Hopefully that answered most of your questions and if you need a friend to watch grey’s with you or something feel free to message me.